Editing Workshop I
1st April 2023
We will meet at 9:30 in Rapperswil in our Alpinists workshop rooms. After getting to know each other we start right into the topic:
Learn how to edit pictures the way we do, or rather, learn how to use Lightroom Classic by Adobe and find your own style!
In the 5 hours we will be spending together with you, we will not only share our knowledge we’ve gained the last couple of years being Switzerland’s biggest photographers collective, but also move into action after having lunch and create our own preset together.
The workshop is suitable for beginners as we will learn about image editing and Lightroom from scratch. It is also suitable for advanced photographers as you can always learn something by watching someone else edit.
What we can offer you
In addition to live editing with one of our images, we will look at the following:
– RAW and JPG format explained
– Editing examples of RAW and JPG
– How is Lightroom structured?
– File management and import of your pictures
– Cropping & Straightening the horizon
– Optical corrections & scaling an image
– Basic tools in detail (exposure/clarity/black and white)
– Noise & ISO noise reduction
– Creating quick base presets
– Learning and using Selective Brushes
– Stitching Panoramas
– Creating Virtual copies
– retouch & Repair disturbing objects
– Create your own preset
– Image formats (JPEG, TIFF, DNG, etc.)
– Exporting with templates
– Lightroom Mobile
Of course, we will always be happy to answer any questions you bring with you or that arise during the workshop.
Our goal is that by the end of the workshop you will know and be able to use the common and most important features of Lightroom. You will also bring home your very own preset as well as two base presets.
We are excited to get to know you and give you a look behind the scenes of The Alpinists’ editing their pictures.
What is included?
- 5 hours in our Alpinists workshop rooms in Rapperswil with Fabio & Nicola learning from our year long knowledge
- Insider-tips from professional photographers
- Individual assistance
- A handout providing the most important information
- Snacks: no one is going to be hungry on our watch
What is not included?
- Laptop, smartphone, apps (Lightroom Classic and Photoshop)
- Transportation to the seminary room and home
We do not provide a computer or Adobe Lightroom. You must bring your own notebook, preferably a Mac, and install Adobe Lightroom Classic (test version also possible) in advance.
More detailed information will follow when you register. (Approx. one week before the workshop starts)
Instructors: Silvan, Valentin
German and assistance in English
Min. participants: 8
Max. participants: 10
prepayment of CHF 150.- to secure your spot*
*After successfully paying the prepayment we will reach out to you with further details on the workshop and everything you need to know, we are beyond excited to get in touch and thank you for your trust!